Oh this was fun but a little stressful for me. You know how my pictures turn out. I bet I took 25 photos of this before I had a good one. Alright Lisa, no one likes a whiner! From left to right:
1. This is a tiny bottle of sand and shells that my youngest daughter, Megan, brought to me from a vacation she took with a friend and her family. The bottle is from Padre Island, Tx. She was always so sweet and thoughtful like that. She would spend all of her money on presents for other people and she always included her sister Jessica and me.
2. Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate miniature candy. Um...so good and of course good for you! It is my favorite chocolate.
3. A little case that was once filled with jelly beans from Las Vegas. It was in a basket full of goodies that welcomed us to the room. It's so cute I can't throw it away.
4. A little flower teapot that opens up to hold a very small treasure. Given to me by a friend some years ago.
5. THR3 smiley face button. Gary and I stumbled across a band here in Midland named THR3. A female singer that reminded me so much of Janice Joplin but with a better voice and very cool music and she was from LA. The other singer was from Big Spring Tx and he and she ended up getting married. We would go hear them every time they were here and bought several of their CDs. Out of the clear blue we received an e-mail that they had broken up. Moral of the story...if you are in a band - don't marry cause it screws up the music!
6. My great friend Lesley made a polymer clay doll "Lisa gone drinkin" and gave to me. "Lisa" was holding this teeny tiny little "Bitch" bottle. Les had found the wine on the net and printed off a tiny label and placed on the bottle. She is so resourceful!
7. Pokemon toy my grandson, Seathan, left at my house when he and his sister, Hannah, were visiting this summer. I keep them one week every summer and we swim and have so much fun. I look forward to it all year!
8. You guessed it. Hannah forgot, or should I say Mimi missed packing her little yellow hair bow.
9. I was standing in the grocery store line one day and they had these little mini books at the checkout. This one was called love letters and had little bitty envelopes inside with poems and pictures and stuff. I just had to have it!
10. Last but not least is the little doll. My grandmother made my two daughters a "Quiet Book". It was made of felt and fabric and had lots of snaps, ties, inserts, etc. The purpose was to keep small children quiet in church by occupying them with things to do. These books were very time consuming and difficult to make but she loved the girls and me and made them both one. The baby has a little cover made and a little pillow that are sewn to a page and you slip the baby in. The page title is "Put the baby to bed". I love and miss my Ma. She did lots of crafts and art. Maybe that's where I get my creative side!
I have to congratulate my friend Renea. She has had some suprises this week with hearts and showcases and more hearts! You deserve it - your artwork is awesome. Love the new Lucy. Les, http://www.funkyartqueen.blogspot.com , I had fun participating in this challenge. Love your fairy door. Can't wait to see future ones. Such imagination! Until tomorrow!